This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Delta SkyClubs are among the best domestic airline lounges in my opinion. With free wifi, booze and decent snacks, it’s a great way to escape the crowded terminal and kill time before your flight.
Luckily, I get access as a Delta Diamond and as an Amex Platinum cardholder, but if i didn’t I’d want to have some day passes – especially for when flights are delayed and I want to avoid long re-booking lines (the lounges have dedicated reservations agents who can help you out immensely when you are in a jam).
Today, Groupon DC is selling individual passes at $25 each (50% off) or 5 passes for $89 ($17.80 per visit). I think the latter package is a great deal for the semi-frequent traveler who doesn’t want to spend $450 on yearly membership. (Though the best deal is getting the Amex Platinum since that card costs $450, but also gives a ton of other benefits like $200 in airline rebates, free Priority Pass Select lounge access, free Global Entry, etc).
You can also get 10 Skymiles per dollar for buying the Groupon via SkyMiles Shopping (just enter your Skymiles number and search for Groupon and you’ll automatically get the miles in a couple weeks) or 8 American miles per dollar via AAdvantage Shopping.
Details on the passes:
- Expires Apr 30, 2012
- Limit 3 per person, may buy multiple as gifts. Not valid until 10/28/11. Must be 21 or older or be accompanied by guardian. Valid only when traveling same-day on any airline. Guest passes not included. Delta Sky Club rules apply to Delta Sky Club 1-visit pass, use and members.
- See the rules that apply to all deals.
Hat tip TPG reader Hunter!
If you are a Delta flyer who is looking to bank some extra miles this card is a great addition for your wallet. While you'll earn 2 miles per dollar on Delta purchases and 1 mile per dollar on everything else, you'll also have access to other perks like priority boarding, a first bag checked free and 20% off in-flight purchases.
- Earn 30,000 bonus miles after you make $1,000 in purchases on your new Card within your first 3 months and a $50 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months.
- Earn 2 Miles per dollar spent on purchases made directly with Delta. Earn 1 mile for every dollar spent on all other eligible purchases.
- Check your first bag free on every Delta flight - that's a savings of up to $200 per round trip for a family of four.
- Settle in sooner with Priority Boarding.
- Enjoy a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $95.
- Terms and Conditions apply.
- See Rates & Fees