This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
So far I’ve completed 10 hits (shown below) and plan to do a bunch more this week. If you haven’t done so already, check out my master guide for more information on the Grand Slam promo and how to get hits.
Random tip: If you are staying at a Starwood hotel and eating a meal that is over $100 ($67 for Platinums) then you should pay for the bill separately. That way you can submit it for points after your stay and get another hit as long as your account gets at least 200 US Airways miles. If you put that meal on your bill, then it gets lumped in with your total stay and you only get 1 hit. See this post for more about dining for points at hotels.
Also, if you forget to put your US Airways miles on your car reservation, most will let you change it when you return the car. Hertz reps can even add in your US Airways number on the handheld machines and you’ll see it on your receipt.
If you have a three day car rental coming up, Avis is currently offering 9,000 Club Carlson Gold Points. You can then transfer 8,000 of them into 1,000 US Airways miles for a hit. I plan on doing this since I currently have 0 Club Carlson points.
Additional hits I plan on doing this week:
1) Dividend miles dining
2) Using my Bank of America US Airways debit card to pay for #1
3) Points.com transfer 4 AA to 1 US Airways mile
4-6) 3 hotel stays- 2 Starwood and 1 Hyatt. FYI: you need to change your SPG earning preference to US Airways miles, which can be done by going to this site. For Hyatt, you can just let them know at check-in/out that you want US Airways miles for your stay and they will enter your number.
7-9) Three car rentals
10) iTunes purchase from US Airways mall
11) Download and complete three searches with the Dividend Miles Toolbar
12) Complete a 21st Century auto quote … I’m going to hope this generates a hit even thought the T&Cs state otherwise.
13) Buy Anna’s Trial Size cookies from Biscoff
14) Buy a dummy SuperShuttle trip from Dallas Airport to Hyatt
15) Buy restaurant.com certificates through Thanks Again
16) Buy some wine from Wine Insiders
That’s my goal for the week – how many hits do you currently have and are planning to get?
|9/14/11||Audience Rewards- Charlotte, NC Poetry Slam||50||$12.50||10|
|9/14/11||Hilton Transfer||850||$0||TOTAL SPEND|
|9/14/11||Priority Club Transfer||2000||$0||$1,561.57|
|9/14/11||Buy miles 100k||100000||$1,478.00|
|9/14/11||Mags for miles||-800||$0|
|9/14/11||Track it back||500||$24.94|
The best sign-up bonus we've ever seen from the SPG Amex is here, for a limited time only. Earn up to 35,000 Starpoints which can be used for hotel redemption around the globe, transferred to over 30 airline partners, and even transfer from Starwood to Marriott Rewards at a 1:3 ratio.
- Earn 25,000 bonus Starpoints® after you use your new Card to make $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months.
- Limited Time Offer- Earn an extra 10,000 bonus Starpoints® after you make an additional $2,000 in purchases within the first 6 months. Offer ends 4/5.
- Earn 2 Starpoints® for each dollar of eligible purchases spent on the Card at participating SPG® & Marriott Rewards® hotels. Earn 1 Starpoint for all other purchases.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees on International purchases.
- Redeem Starpoints® at over 1,300 participating hotels and resorts in over 100 countries and for flights on more than 150 airlines with SPG flights, all with no blackout dates.
- $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $95.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees