September 29, 2011
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Maybe it’s because September 30 is the last day of the fiscal year, but a lot of great promotions, deals and transfer opportunities will be coming to an end on Friday, so now’s your last chance to take advantage of them.
1. Transfer Amex points to Continental Airlines. For information check out my recent post and video on the subject.
2. 50% bonus on first-time American Express Membership Rewards transfers to Delta (and 25,000 MQM bonus when you transfer 100,000 or more points). Registration required (targeted).
3. Get in on the 67% bonus/40% rebate on repeat American Express Membership Rewards points to Delta transfers. Registration required.
4. The 100% bonus on purchased and inter-account transferred Delta SkyMiles. You effectively double your miles every time you transfer them to someone else’s SkyMiles account (and/or back again to your own) for what amounts to a nominal fee. Check out my post on it here.
For information on maximizing Delta awards take a look here, here, here and here.
5. Sign-up for Fairmont emails and receive 500 free Aeroplan miles. Enter the code: PASHN, then add your Aeroplan number to your profile.
6. Earn a 50% bonus on purchased Amtrak points. Hey, you never know when you might need to train it somewhere in a hurry.
Even though several great promotions will be ending after tomorrow, stay tuned for new deals this fall and during the upcoming holiday travel season!
Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express
- Receive 25,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- 3X points for flights booked directly with airlines. 2X points at US restaurants, US gas stations, and US supermarkets. 1X points on other purchases. Terms and limitations apply.
- No matter where you're traveling, when you use your Premier Rewards Gold Card there are no foreign transaction fees from American Express.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit. Up to $100 a year in baggage fees and more at one airline.
- There is a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $195.
- Terms and limitations apply. See Rates & Fees
||Balance Transfer Fee
||Introductory annual fee of $0 for the first year, then $195