This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Today is the last day for the US Airways 100% buy miles promotion. While you may be saying, “Oh, I’m not going to be flying US Airways,” the great thing is that you don’t have to set foot on their planes to use these miles. You can redeem for flights on any of the Star Alliance carriers including: Adria, Aegean, Air Canada, Air China, Air New Zealand, All Nippon Airways, Asiana, Austrian, Blue1, bmi, Brussels, Continental, Croatia, EgyptAir, LOT Polish, Lufthansa, SAS, Singapore, South African, Spanair, Swiss, Tam, TAP and Thai.
See this post for more info on maximizing US Airways awards.
And if you do this promo today, it will also count as a hit towards the Grand Slam promo, which is another way to rack up miles relatively cheaply.
While US Airways has run these promotions a lot in the past couple years, you never know when the gravy train is going to end. Even though I have a bunch of miles, I still maxed out this time and bought 100,000 miles for $1,478. It’s only 90,000 miles business class roundtrip to North Asia, so why not?!
With some great bonus categories and an annual fee that’s waived for the first year, the American Express Premier Rewards Gold Card has a lot going for it. If you don’t have PRG, now’s as good a time as any to add it to your wallet, as Amex added some great new benefits several months back.
- Receive 25,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- 3X points for flights booked directly with airlines. 2X points at US restaurants, US gas stations, and US supermarkets. 1X points on other purchases. Terms and limitations apply.
- No matter where you're traveling, when you use your Premier Rewards Gold Card there are no foreign transaction fees from American Express.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit. Up to $100 a year in baggage fees and more at one airline.
- Get a $75 hotel credit on qualifying charges, plus a room upgrade upon arrival, if available with The Hotel Collection at americanexpress.com/hc. Terms apply.
- There is a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $195.
- Terms and limitations apply.
- See Rates & Fees