This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
As many of you know, I quit my day job in June and have been pursuing a full-time career as a blogger. So far so good, and I haven’t regretted my decision for a minute.
Making this decision has allowed me to focus more time on The Points Guy and also on branching out and exploring new business opportunities. As a self-employed person I always feel the need to stay ahead of the curve and innovate since there is no set career path for a full-time blogger. I know many TPG readers are business owners, so I’m sure many of you are familiar with the joys and horrors of self-employment!
In any case, for the past couple months I’ve been developing a new site, TravelCreditCards.com. It’s a comparison shopping site for those who want credit cards that offer rewards that can be used for travel. ThePointsGuy.com is still my main focus and nothing is changing with respect to my content here, but I created TravelCreditCards.com to allow people to browse card offers by many different metrics and explore card options that I would not normally focus on here on TPG (like student credit cards and APRs for example).
So if you have a minute, I’d appreciate if you checked it out, clicked around on the site and sent me any feedback you have. It’s still a work in progress and I’ll be uploading some videos and other unique content in the weeks to come. It also doesn’t currently have every credit card offer (there are some big ones missing that I’m in the process of adding), but hopefully you will like the overall layout and design and recommend the site to anyone who might be in the market for a new travel credit card.
As always, I appreciate your support and I look forward to your feedback!
With some great bonus categories and an annual fee that’s waived for the first year, the American Express Premier Rewards Gold Card has a lot going for it. If you don’t have PRG, now’s as good a time as any to add it to your wallet, as Amex added some great new benefits several months back.
- Receive 25,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- 3X points for flights booked directly with airlines. 2X points at US restaurants, US gas stations, and US supermarkets. 1X points on other purchases. Terms and limitations apply.
- No matter where you're traveling, when you use your Premier Rewards Gold Card there are no foreign transaction fees from American Express.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit. Up to $100 a year in baggage fees and more at one airline.
- Get a $75 hotel credit on qualifying charges, plus a room upgrade upon arrival, if available with The Hotel Collection at americanexpress.com/hc. Terms apply.
- There is a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $195.
- Terms and limitations apply.
- See Rates & Fees