This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
September is probably my favorite time of year for fare sales. I always seem to hop on good deals this time of year, which allow me to pad my elite status so I’m not scrambling come December. I’m hoping the following couple deals spark a fare war across the board. Feel free to report your success booking these or other cheap routes in the comments.
AA just announced a monster fare sale out of Dallas for travel to Los Angeles/San Francisco for $120 total roundtrip! Bookable at aa.com for travel up to October 27, 2011. Check out this Flyertalk thread for more info, apparently you can use coupon code 55H1BG, but that kept giving me errors.
Delta also has really competitive fares to San Juan, Puerto Rico. I was thinking about a $208 total roundtrip fare from Miami to San Juan – with routing through Detroit and Atlanta to maximize miles! The best way to find these flights is via Delta.com -> Planning tools -> Book a flight and then select the “Flexible dates” box and choose Flexible weekend travel. Check out this Flyertalk thread for more info.
Play around with these for your dates/cities. You can also use Expedia -> Flights and check the Fare Calendar button to see the cheapest dates.
If you are a Delta flyer who is looking to bank some extra miles this card is a great addition for your wallet. While you'll earn 2 miles per dollar on Delta purchases and 1 mile per dollar on everything else, you'll also have access to other perks like priority boarding, a first bag checked free and 20% off in-flight purchases.
- Earn 30,000 bonus miles after you make $1,000 in purchases on your new Card within your first 3 months and a $50 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months.
- Earn 2 Miles per dollar spent on purchases made directly with Delta. Earn 1 mile for every dollar spent on all other eligible purchases.
- Check your first bag free on every Delta flight - that's a savings of up to $200 per round trip for a family of four.
- Settle in sooner with Priority Boarding.
- Enjoy a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $95.
- Terms and Conditions apply.
- See Rates & Fees