This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you don’t currently have an Air Canada Aeroplan account, you should get one right now (link). They are a transfer partner of American Express Membership Rewards and after Continental leaves the program starting October 1, 2011, they will most likely become the premier partner when redeeming Star Alliance awards. They are also transfer partners of Starwood and from time to time they run promotions encouraging hotel transfers.
While they just increased the amount of miles needed for most awards this summer, there are still some great deals, like 90,000 miles for business class US to Western Europe (plus they have very flexible routing rules).
Another reason to sign-up is that Fairmont is currently offering 500 free Aeroplan miles when you sign-up for their frequent guest program and include PASHN in the enrollment code box. Also, be sure to add Aeroplan to your profile and indicate you want Aeroplan miles for all of your stays – just click on the + box where it says Airline Partner Programs on the registration form towards the top.
If you are already a Fairmont President’s Club member simply, “opt-in for communications, and add Promotion Code: PASSION in your profile. Make sure to add your Aeroplan Number to your Fairmont President’s Club Profile and select “Aeroplan” as your earning preference in your profile.”
This offer expires September 30, 2011 so don’t put it off. This isn’t the biggest promotion ever, but every mile counts (and all the better if they are free)!
With some great bonus categories and an annual fee that’s waived for the first year, the American Express Premier Rewards Gold Card has a lot going for it. If you don’t have PRG, now’s as good a time as any to add it to your wallet, as Amex added some great new benefits several months back.
- Receive 25,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- 3X points for flights booked directly with airlines. 2X points at US restaurants, US gas stations, and US supermarkets. 1X points on other purchases. Terms and limitations apply.
- No matter where you're traveling, when you use your Premier Rewards Gold Card there are no foreign transaction fees from American Express.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit. Up to $100 a year in baggage fees and more at one airline.
- Get a $75 hotel credit on qualifying charges, plus a room upgrade upon arrival, if available with The Hotel Collection at americanexpress.com/hc. Terms apply.
- There is a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $195.
- Terms and limitations apply. See Rates & Fees