This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Coming off the heels of the 2,500 point stamps.com Ultimate Rewards freebie (which seems to be dead now), I noticed that Pitney Bowes is offering 4,500 points when you get one of their mailing machines. Just log into your Ultimaterewards.com account and search for Pitney in the top right.
When I clicked through, I thought they’d be obscenely expensive, but to my surprise the Mailstation 2 Digital Mailing System was actually free for 60 days. The only charges were $30 in pre-loaded postage and $9.99 and they even have a Satisfaction Guarantee:
“Pitney Bowes Satisfaction Guarantee
If you are not completely satisfied, return the meter and scale during the trial period with no further obligation. We will even refund your original shipping charge. Any unused postage will be returned by the USPS.”
Seems like a no-brainer to me! I actually hate going to the post office, so having my own mailing station makes a lot of sense 😉
4,500 Ultimate Rewards points (the program of the Sapphire Preferred and Ink Bold cards) is nothing to scoff at. They can be transferred instantly 1:1 to Continental, British Airways, Hyatt, Marriott, Priority Club and Amtrak. Heck, it’s only 50,000 British Airways miles for a Cathay Pacific Business Class one way ticket from the US to Asia, so this promo is almost 1/10 of that!
I just did this so I haven’t gotten the points yet, but I am optimistic about Chase’s Ultimate Rewards shopping mall being more reliable than some of the others we’ve dealt with lately. I absolutely do not think this one is an error.
With some great bonus categories and an annual fee that’s waived for the first year, the American Express Premier Rewards Gold Card has a lot going for it. If you don’t have PRG, now’s as good a time as any to add it to your wallet, as Amex added some great new benefits several months back.
- Receive 25,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- 3X points for flights booked directly with airlines. 2X points at US restaurants, US gas stations, and US supermarkets. 1X points on other purchases. Terms and limitations apply.
- No matter where you're traveling, when you use your Premier Rewards Gold Card there are no foreign transaction fees from American Express.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit. Up to $100 a year in baggage fees and more at one airline.
- Get a $75 hotel credit on qualifying charges, plus a room upgrade upon arrival, if available with The Hotel Collection at americanexpress.com/hc. Terms apply.
- There is a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $195.
- Terms and limitations apply.
- See Rates & Fees