This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Basically, you need to have an Ultimate Rewards card, like Sapphire Preferred , Freedom or Ink Bold (Business) and then log-in to the Ultimate Rewards site, in the top right search box just enter “Stamps” and you’ll see stamps.com appear in the search results on the bottom left of the screen.
Click on the logo and then “Show now” and you’ll get a confirmation that you’ll receive the points on your statement, usually within 3-5 days of statement close. Not bad!
The Hustle Blog confirmed they already got theirs, so enjoy! I personally hate going to the post office, so getting $5 in stamps for free plus 2,500 Ultimate Rewards points is a double win for me.
The catch is that they will automatically start charging your account $15 a month for the service, so make sure you cancel after you see the points post. You have to call 1-888-434-0055 Monday through Friday, 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Pacific Time and Saturday 6 a.m. to 3 p.m. Pacific time in order to close your account. Annoying, but worth it in my opinion.
To me, 2,500 Ultimate Rewards points are worth about $50 since I have the Sapphire Preferred card (full review on the current 50,000 point sign-up bonus) and I can instantly transfer those points to Continental, British Airways, Hyatt, Priority Club, Marriott and Amtrak.
If you have the Freedom card, these points equate to $25 towards merchandise/travel. The best bet is to also get a Sapphire Card so you can then transfer your Ultimate Rewards points to partners, plus double dip on the 5x bonus categories of the Freedom. I wrote about that strategy here.
I just got the card and access to ultimaterewards.com, so I’m going to do a deeper analysis of any other potentially lucrative shopping opportunities.
It's a stellar Cash Back card on its own, but when paired with the Chase Sapphire Reserve or Chase Sapphire Preferred, the Freedom's 5x Category Bonuses let you rack up Chase Ultimate Rewards Points, transferrable to partners or redeemable via the portal.
- Earn a $150 Bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening
- Earn 5% cash back on up to $1,500 in combined purchases in bonus categories each quarter you activate
- Unlimited 1% cash back on all other purchases — it's automatic
- 0% Intro APR for 15 months from account opening on purchases and balance transfers, then a variable APR of 15.49-24.24%. Balance transfer fee is 5% of the amount transferred, $5 minimum
- Enjoy new 5% categories every 3 months
- Cash Back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open
- No annual fee