This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Marriott is offering 2,000 US Airways miles per stay at JW Marriott,® Renaissance® Hotels or Marriott Hotels & Resorts. Book by October 31, 2011 and stay by December 26, 2011. 10,000 max bonus miles can be earned with this promotion, so I suggest switching back to Marriott points once you earn the maximum on this bonus.
You must choose to bank your Marriott stay to US Airways, which means you forego 10x Marriott points per dollar, but in my opinion 2,000 US Airways miles are worth far more than Marriott points, unless you have a long and expensive stay. This promotion is valid on one night stays and it will count towards activity in the Grand Slam promotion (which starts September 14 – November 14, 2011 and I will be writing more about this coming week).
Even if you don’t fly US Airways, you can use their miles on all 27 Star Alliance members (like Swiss, Lufthansa, Continental/United and Singapore) and I wrote a quick guide to maximizing Dividend Miles here.
Hat tip to TPG Twitter follower Promo Jake for the tip!
Offer valid now through December 26, 2011. Reservation must be made by October 31, 2011. US Airways® Dividend Miles members must be members of Marriott Rewards® and indicate US Airways as their earning preference in order to qualify for this offer. A maximum of 2,000 bonus miles can be earned per stay and a maximum of 10,000 bonus miles can be earned with this promotion. Please allow six to eight weeks after promotion ends for bonus miles to be posted to your US Airways Dividend Miles account. A stay is defined as consecutive nights spent in the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity. All Marriott Rewards terms and conditions apply. See MarriottRewards.com or call 800-249-0800 for complete Marriott Rewards terms and conditions.
While this premium card has one of the highest annual fees on the market, it has several valuable perks that could make it worthwhile, depending on your travel patterns. These include a $200 annual airline rebate, lounge access, free Hilton Gold status and free Starwood Preferred Guest Gold status.
- Earn 40,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $3,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- 5X points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 a year for baggage fees and more at one airline. Terms Apply.
- As a Platinum Card Member, you can enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations worldwide. Terms Apply.
- Enroll to enjoy the benefits of complimentary Hilton HHonors™ Gold Status with your Platinum Card.®
- No interest charges because you pay your balance in full each month.
- Terms and Conditions apply.
- See Rates & Fees