This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card from American Express, Starwood Preferred Guest Business Credit Card from American Express
I don’t want to sound like a broken record, but just wanted to remind everyone that today is the last day to get the Starwood American Express card with a 30,000 point sign-up bonus. You get 10k points immediately and 20k after spending $4,500 within the first three months. If you already have a personal card, you can get a business card using your Social Security Number and listing yourself as a sole proprietor. Hey, you never know when you might need a business credit card to start that blog or Ebay business you’ve always dreamed about! 😉
Personal card application (Note: You must be logged out of your American Express account for the 30k bonus to load – or use a new browser).
Business card application
The Starwood card is a credit card, whereas the Platinum, Gold and Premier Rewards Gold are all charge cards which require you to pay off in full every month. While I don’t recommend carrying large balances because the interest you pay over time greatly negates the value of the points earned, this card is a much better option for a charge card for those who may need the flexibility to pay over time. This card is also great if you stay in Starwood hotels a lot, because you earn 2 SPG points per dollar spent at Starwood hotels in addition to the standard 2 points per dollar (3 points for elites). Additionally, you get Gold status after $30,000 in spend each year and the card gives stays/5 nights towards elite status. Since Platinum is at 25 stays/50 nights, this makes it easier to hit that level and get the suite upgrade perk.
While this premium card has one of the highest annual fees on the market, it has several valuable perks that could make it worthwhile, depending on your travel patterns. These include a $200 annual airline rebate, lounge access, free Hilton Gold status and free Starwood Preferred Guest Gold status.
- Earn 40,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $3,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- 5X points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 a year for baggage fees and more at one airline. Terms Apply.
- As a Platinum Card Member, you can enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations worldwide. Terms Apply.
- Enroll to enjoy the benefits of complimentary Hilton HHonors™ Gold Status with your Platinum Card.®
- No interest charges because you pay your balance in full each month.
- Terms and Conditions apply.
- See Rates & Fees