This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Ruelala.com, which is one of my favorite discounted high-end shopping sites, is selling $499 OpenSkies vouchers for $99 – essentially giving $400 off any roundtrip OpenSkies flight from August 29, 2011 through March 31, 2012.
“Within 24 hours you will receive an e-certificate confirming your purchase of a $499 travel voucher to be used toward a roundtrip OpenSkies business-class flight to Paris, and more information on the redemption process. Limit of one voucher per person, per booking.”
What I like about this promotion:
1) No blackout dates apply
2) Reservations are eligible to accrue British Airways mileage/elite status
The few restrictions that do exist are:
1) Flights must depart from Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR) or Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD), arriving at Paris-Orly Airport (ORY). Voucher is valid toward roundtrip tickets departing from U.S. gates only.
2) Members may purchase up to two vouchers; limit of one voucher per person, per booking. Vouchers are transferable but may not be resold or bartered.
3) Valid in business class cabins, for Biz Bed and Biz Seats only.
4) Reservations must be booked by February 26, 2012, and are subject to availability.
I’ve never flown OpenSkies, but I hear decent things. The thing to note is that their business class seat isn’t a lie flat bed (that’s what they call their business bed). It’s basically a domestic first class seat, which isn’t surprisingly since they are usually priced in the premium economy range whereas business beds are more standard business class fares.
I priced a couple fall trips from Newark to Paris on OpenSkies and Biz Seats were about $2,000 roundtrip total and Biz Bed’s around $4,800 – including all taxes and fees.
Taking $400 off that price brings it down to a significant discount at $1,600 for a Biz seat (I still think Biz Bed is overpriced). There are even pretty strong bonuses for those seeking British Airways miles and status.
“Cabin Bonuses When you fly on OpenSkies you can earn even more BA Miles. When traveling in Biz Seat, you will earn a 50% BA Miles bonus. When traveling in Biz Bed, you will earn a 100% BA Miles bonus.
Tier Bonuses As an Executive Club member, you can earn 120 Tier Points when you travel in our Biz Seat cabin and 180 Tier Points in our Biz Bed cabin. Tier Points allow you to move up through the different levels, enjoying the additional benefits each tier brings.”
Ruelala.com is a “private” site, but it’s very easy to get an invite – just click here to join using my invites (which are unlimited). Disclosure: I get $10 in Ruelala credit if you ever buy something.
Beyond OpenSkies, Ruelala frequently has travel-related products, like Tumi and Samsonite luggage, as well as high-end vacations at reduced prices.