This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Hotels.com has a pretty simple loyalty program – you get one free night for every 10 paid nights. The free night can have the maximum value of the average daily rate of your 10 paid stays. In essence, you are getting a 10% rebate.
While I usually don’t book through hotels.com, because you don’t get elite credit or points (usually), I do have an upcoming stay in a city that has no major branded hotels. The price on the hotel website was the same as hotels.com, so I figured I’d book through hotels.com so I could work towards a free night. 10% isn’t too shabby as long as you aren’t paying more to book on hotels.com.
Apparently hotels.com is offering double credit on your first stay for new membership of the loyalty program if you use promo code Borders3. The T&C state you have to be a new member with 0 credits in your account. To create a Welcome Rewards account, click here. Also, see my post on getting a free hotels.com night and elite status.
I’m kind of happy I chose hotels.com for a couple upcoming stays. I’ll report back to let you know how it all plays out.
Hat tip to TPG reader Andrew!
Coupon Terms and Conditions
1. This offer is from hotels.com and is valid for double welcomerewards credits. Offer valid for new welcomerewards® members only. Must have zero (0) point balance at time of coupon use.
2. To use the coupon, you must book by 11:59 PM CT on July 31, 2011 in US currency on the US version of hotels.com or at 800-246-8357 for a stay to be completed between June 15, 2011 and July 31, 2011.
3. You may earn a maximum of four (4) bonus loyalty credits. Allow 4-6 weeks after completed stay date for credits to appear on account. Value of promotional credits will not impact the average daily rate in determining the value of any free night. The maximum value of the reward night will be equal to the average daily rate, before taxes and fees, of the paid night stays from the ten (10) loyalty credits being used for the reward night. See welcomerewards Terms & Conditions for more details. Package bookings or bookings made through a group travel service are not eligible.
4. There is a limit of (1) coupon per customer and the coupon cannot be combined with other offers. Bookings are subject to availability and the hotel’s terms and conditions.
5. The coupon cannot be applied to taxes, fees, or charges, including, without limitation, extra person, phone, cancellation, parking, or other charges. You must pay these charges at the time the reservation is confirmed or to the hotel directly.
6. If you change travel dates after using the coupon, the coupon will only apply to the changed schedule if it complies with the requirements set forth above.
7. This coupon is not redeemable for cash, may not be transferred or sold, and is void where prohibited by law. This offer is subject to change at any time.
8. Hotels.com reserves the right to subtract all promotional credits if welcomerewards accounts are combined or merged that already received the promotional credits tied to this promotion.
9. Hotels.com, L.P. may revoke or change this offer at any time, but these terms and conditions cannot be changed by any representation of any unauthorized person, including employees of hotels.com.