This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – British Airways Visa Signature Card
On Sunday I wrote that the promo expires May 6, which is technically true, but I thought it might give the impression that you could still apply on Friday. I just got confirmation that the promo will end Thursday at 11:59pm EST, so I highly recommend applying now if you want to get in on this deal. I don’t want to sound like a broken record, but it’s a phenomenal deal and one we may not see again for a long time.
If you haven’t gotten in already for whatever reason, I highly recommend you apply sooner than later.
If you want to educate yourself on how to use British Airways miles, I’ve written a series of posts to help explain the offer so you can take full advantage of it. If you have any questions about the offer that haven’t already been answered in any of my prior posts, please comment below and I’ll do my best to answer.
Original post describing the card with lengthy Q&A in comments,
Getting Approved for the Chase British Airways Visa
General tips on Using BA Miles
Post 1 – Booking BA Awards
Post 2 – Booking Partner Awards
Post 3 – Oneworld Alliance
Post 4 – Taxes and Fees
Post 5 – Household Accounts
Post 6 – Companion Ticket
Post 7 – Using ExpertFlyer for Partner Award Availability
Post 8 – The Art of the Stopover
Post 9- Leveraging Miles and Cash Redemptions
post 10-Using Qantas.com to Find Oneworld Award Availability
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards