This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
I’m always amazed at the quality of feedback that I see on frequent flyer bulletin boards and blogs. Frequent travelers seem to be predisposed towards giving high quality feedback to the brands that we visit – whether it’s a complaint or praise post, I think we all want hotels and airlines to understand our feedback so they can improve the product and experience.
I was intrigued recently when I saw an ad on Facebook asking me to fill out hotel surveys for cash. What caught my attention was the name of the company – LRA Worldwide. That name seemed very familiar and when I clicked through to the homepage, I realized it was the company of a close family friend from my childhood.
I always knew they were in the hospitality industry, but never exactly what they did. I decided to contact them and I found out that they are a research and consulting company that focuses on Customer Experience Management. So in a nutshell, they visit hotels and provide them with feedback necessary for them to improve their customer experience – especially when it comes to loyalty programs.
They are in need of quality feedback from travelers who stay at Marriott, Starwood, Hilton and Hyatt hotels, so they’ve created a survey exclusively for TPG readers, which comes with a nice cash payout. All you need to do is complete a survey about your stay and you’ll get $100 (mailed to you within 4 weeks). You can do it two additional times for $75 each, bringing your total earnings to $250. The great thing is that you can even do these surveys if you are using points for your stay.
I am approached all the time to feature products and services, but I am very picky with what gets posted here, because I value the integrity of the site more than anything else. However, since I personally know the COO of the company and have been in contact with several executives who are running this project, I feel comfortable encouraging TPG readers to participate. Full disclosure: I will receive a small commission for completed surveys, but my main intent of offering this deal is for TPG readers to be able to make some money on hotel stays that we already have planned (even corporate stays).
I’ve reviewed the survey and it isn’t too burdensome and considering they will be used to make hotel experiences better for members of frequent guest programs, I see this as a win all around. The process is pretty simple, if you are interested, simply fill out the online profile and they will contact you before your next trip if they still need surveys. Remember, only people staying at Marriott, Starwood, Hilton and Hyatt hotels will be eligible for this and once they receive the number of surveys needed, the application will be shut down.
I’ve asked LRA representatives to monitor this post and answer Q&A, so please comment below if you have any questions.
Link to the initial survey. It took me just under 3 minutes to complete – it asks about your upcoming travel plans, so have them in front of you and have a list of what hotel brands you will be staying at on each trip.
Even after the introduction of the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is still a fantastic choice if you want to avoid the Reserve’s $450 annual fee, earn 2x on all travel & dining and earn a 50,000 point sign up bonus.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards