I recently ran a series on maximizing British Airways miles and I received a ton of positive reader feedback. That made me think that I should do a series to highlight the major benefits of the main American Express cards and how to best maximize Membership Rewards points.
I jotted down a rough outline. Feel free to comment below if you have any recommendations for topics I should cover.
1) Overview of the key American Express Cards
2) Membership Rewards Express vs. Membership Rewards vs. Membership Rewards First
3) Platinum Card Perks
4) Membership Rewards Transfer Bonuses: A history of past bonuses and rundown of current promotions
5) Membership Rewards: Mastering Star Alliance Transfer Partners
6) Membership Rewards: Mastering SkyTeam Transfer Partners
7) Membership Rewards: Mastering Oneworld Transfer Partners
8 ) Membership Rewards: Mastering Non-Alliance Transfer Partners
9) Membership Rewards: Booking Hotel Rewards
10) Spotlight on Non-Travel Rewards
I’ll do as many installments as necessary, so feel free to comment below with suggestions or send me an email. I’ve been using American Express cards (and points) for years, so I hope to educate you all on the amazing value that can be realized once you understand where the opportunities lie.
FYI: Below are the links to the actual posts in my Maximizing Amex Series as they ended up evolving:
There are the ten posts in my Maximizing Amex series. They are; Post 1: Understanding the Card Offering. Post 2: Understanding Membership Rewards. Post 3: Understanding Transfer Bonuses. Post 4: Platinum Card Review. Post 5: SkyTeam Transfer Partners Post 6: Oneworld Transfer Partners. Post 7: Star Alliance Transfer Partners. Post 8:Understanding Emergency Travel Assistance and Travel Accident Insurance. Post 9: Purchase and Return Protection and Extended Warranty. Post 10: Car Rental Benefits.
Disclaimer: This content is not provided or commissioned by the credit card issuer. Opinions expressed here are author.s alone, not those of the credit card issuer, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the credit card issuer. This site may be compensated through the credit card issuer Affiliate Program.
Previous post: How to Get Free British Airways Miles Just for Asking Nicely
Next post: Technical Difficulties