This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
I recently ran a series on maximizing British Airways miles and I received a ton of positive reader feedback. That made me think that I should do a series to highlight the major benefits of the main American Express cards and how to best maximize Membership Rewards points.
I jotted down a rough outline. Feel free to comment below if you have any recommendations for topics I should cover.
1) Overview of the key American Express Cards
2) Membership Rewards Express vs. Membership Rewards vs. Membership Rewards First
3) Platinum Card Perks
4) Membership Rewards Transfer Bonuses: A history of past bonuses and rundown of current promotions
5) Membership Rewards: Mastering Star Alliance Transfer Partners
6) Membership Rewards: Mastering SkyTeam Transfer Partners
7) Membership Rewards: Mastering Oneworld Transfer Partners
8 ) Membership Rewards: Mastering Non-Alliance Transfer Partners
9) Membership Rewards: Booking Hotel Rewards
10) Spotlight on Non-Travel Rewards
I’ll do as many installments as necessary, so feel free to comment below with suggestions or send me an email. I’ve been using American Express cards (and points) for years, so I hope to educate you all on the amazing value that can be realized once you understand where the opportunities lie.
FYI: Below are the links to the actual posts in my Maximizing Amex Series as they ended up evolving:
There are the ten posts in my Maximizing Amex series. They are; Post 1: Understanding the Card Offering. Post 2: Understanding Membership Rewards. Post 3: Understanding Transfer Bonuses. Post 4: Platinum Card Review. Post 5: SkyTeam Transfer Partners Post 6: Oneworld Transfer Partners. Post 7: Star Alliance Transfer Partners. Post 8:Understanding Emergency Travel Assistance and Travel Accident Insurance. Post 9: Purchase and Return Protection and Extended Warranty. Post 10: Car Rental Benefits.
Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express
|Intro APR||Regular APR||Annual Fee||Balance Transfer||Credit Rating|
|N/A||Introductory annual fee of $0 for the first year, then $195||See Terms||Excellent Credit|