This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
US Airways is offering 2,000 miles for simply signing up for a free Dividend Miles account. This deal is technically for new members, but as long as you use a different address and email address, you should be fine. They are also throwing in another 2,000 miles if you book and fly on US Airways flight within 30 days of enrolling.
Now is also a good time to sign up since US Airways runs a yearly lucrative promotion called Grand Slam, where they give away tons of miles for relatively cheap partner activity. I wonder if they will make it harder this year, but in the last couple years, I’ve banked several hundred thousand US Airways miles.
US also restricts a lot of their buy miles promotions, like their current 100% bonus, to those people who already have an account.
Overall, this is a no brainer, especially since Dividend Miles don’t expire for 18 months and its really easy to extend their expiration (like buying a song on iTunes).
“Gather ’round fans and followers. We know you’re not a Dividend Miles member yet, but we think a few thousand bonus miles might entice you.
Sign up for Dividend Miles March 9 – 31, 2011, and you’ll get an exclusive bonus â€” 2,000 miles! Then, book a flight within 30 days of enrolling and get another 2,000 bonus miles (on top of the miles you earn just from flying). So, if you fly roundtrip from Philadelphia to Los Angeles you’ll get over 9,000 miles.*
- Enroll in Dividend Miles
- Enter promo code TF11
Terms & Conditions
*All Dividend Miles terms and conditions apply. Offer is valid March 9, 2011 through March 31, 2011. 2,000 bonus miles will be posted to the new account upon enrollment. Additional 2,000 bonus miles will be posted to the same account if a flight is purchased and ticketed within 30 days of joining and flown within 6 months of the purchase date. The additional flight miles will be determined by the city pairs flown. Flight must be booked on usairways.com and be operated by US Airways, US Airways Express and US Airways Shuttle. Members with existing Dividend Miles accounts are not eligible for this offer. These miles do not count toward preferred status and are not combinable with any other offer. Please allow up to 2 weeks for bonus miles to be credited to your account.”
There’s no telling how much longer these cards will be around and available for new applications because of the Marriott takeover, so now might just be the perfect time to apply. Apart from hotel redemptions, you can transfer Starpoints to over 30 airline partners, and now also transfer points from Starwood to Marriott Rewards at a 1:3 ratio, opening up even more redemption options.
- Earn 25,000 bonus Starpoints® after you use your new Card to make $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months.
- Limited Time Offer- Earn an extra 10,000 bonus Starpoints® after you make an additional $2,000 in purchases within the first 6 months. Offer ends 4/5.
- Earn 2 Starpoints® for each dollar of eligible purchases spent on the Card at participating SPG® & Marriott Rewards® hotels. Earn 1 Starpoint for all other purchases.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees on International purchases.
- Redeem Starpoints® at over 1,300 participating hotels and resorts in over 100 countries and for flights on more than 150 airlines with SPG flights, all with no blackout dates.
- $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $95.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees