March 17, 2011
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
UPDATE: Continental is now a part of United.
On Monday I wrote about donating points and miles for charity and noted that if you donated cash, you could get up to 500 American Airlines miles.
Now, United and Continental are joining in on effort to encourage people to donate. So if you were going to donate anyway, you might as well get some miles.
And as of last week, Continental and United now allow transfers in between accounts in case you want to make donations from both and then combine the miles.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named a 'Best Credit Card' for Travel Rewards by MONEY Magazine
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards
||Foreign Transaction Fee
||Introductory Annual Fee of $0 the first year, then $95