March 17, 2011
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
UPDATE: Continental is now a part of United.
On Monday I wrote about donating points and miles for charity and noted that if you donated cash, you could get up to 500 American Airlines miles.
Now, United and Continental are joining in on effort to encourage people to donate. So if you were going to donate anyway, you might as well get some miles.
And as of last week, Continental and United now allow transfers in between accounts in case you want to make donations from both and then combine the miles.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 50,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 in travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named a 'Best Credit Card' for Travel Rewards by MONEY Magazine
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases
- Sleek metal card design
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- $0 foreign transaction fees, plus chip-enabled for enhanced security and wider acceptance when used at a chip card reader
- 1:1 point transfer to leading frequent travel programs at full value — that means 1,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points equal 1,000 partner miles/points
- Travel confidently with premium Travel Protection Benefits, including Trip Cancellation/Trip Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Trip Delay Reimbursement and more
||Introductory Annual Fee of $0 the first year, then $95