This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
American and Vinesse Wine Club are offering 2,000 miles, free shipping and a steep discount on your first wine purchase – no contract required. The wine prices out to just $6.99 each for the first 6 bottles. You’ll also get 4 miles per dollar spent, so overall this deal is worth roughly 2,168 miles along with 6 bottles of decent vino for around $42.
I did this for the US Airways Grand Slam promotion and was moderately satisfied with the wines. Though nothing tastes as good as the wine on a near free first class international flight :-)
Some tips from my past experience:
1) Vinesse actually posts the miles pretty quickly – within 2 weeks for me. I recommend cancelling only once the miles post.
2) Vinesse will try to do everything in their power to make you stay on, including sending you free wine and putting your account on hold.
3) The customer service rep was so convincing, I actually ended up getting 3 more bottles of wine for free. I almost felt bad about this, but she gave me no choice! (And I’m a quasi-wino, so really, it was a win-win).
4) My account was put on hold for 4 months to let me “think” about it
5) I cancelled before my hold expired and again the rep tried convincing me to stay, but I firmly held my ground. Cancellation was processed immediately and I never received another charge.
Overall, even if you don’t like wine, this promotion is still cheaper than buying 2,000 miles from AA directly ($85). However, this promo is perfect if you do like wine (or like giving bottles of it as gifts) and you are organized enough to cancel the membership before you are billed for more shipments.
No obligation, ever, period. Cancel anytime, really.
You can cancel your membership at any time, with no further obligation whatsoever. We’re so sure you will fall in love with our wines and the convenience of wine deliveries at home that you will stay on as happy members. But if for any reason you need to cancel, simply call us at 1-800-823-5527. It’s as simple as that.
Please note that we can only ship orders containing wine to AK, AL, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, IA, ID, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, MD, ME, MN, MO, MS, MT, NC, ND, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, RI, SC, SD, TN, VA, VT, WA, WI, WV, WY. Non-wine orders may be shipped into any state. Due to state alcohol regulations, items, in some instances, may not be given away for “free”. Although an offer may be positioned that you are receiving a free gift and incentive, you are in fact receiving the wine and gift at an overall discounted price.
American Airlines reserves the right to change the AAdvantage program and its terms and conditions at any time without notice, and to end the AAdvantage program with six months notice. Any such changes may affect your ability to use the awards or mileage credits that you have accumulated. American Airlines is not responsible for products or services offered by other participating companies. For complete details about the AAdvantage program, visit www.aa.com/aadvantage
American Airlines and AAdvantage are marks of American Airlines, Inc.
Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® MasterCard®
|Intro APR||Regular APR||Annual Fee||Foreign Transaction Fee||Credit Rating|
|N/A||14.24% - 22.24%* (Variable)||$95, waived for first 12 months*||0%||Excellent/Good|