This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card from American Express, Starwood Preferred Guest Business Credit Card from American Express
US credit card offers have been pretty lucrative the past couple of years. With several major issuers like American Express, Chase, Citi, Barclays, and tons of airlines and hotels wanting to get in on the action, competition has been fierce.
However, most of the amazing offers (featured on my Top Deals page) are only open to US residents.
While this Starwood offer isn’t earth shattering, it’s an easy 11,000 Starwood points for Canadians who may be on the market for a good points earning card. And the $120 annual fee is waived for the first year. Expires March 31, 2011.
- Earn 11,000 Bonus Starpoints®1 when you spend $1,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of Cardmembership.- enough for up to 3 free nights.2
- Earn 1 Starpoint®* for every $1 in purchases charged to the Card3
- Enjoy a Free Weekend Night Award when you reach $40,000 in purchases each year4
- Experience Starwood Gold Preferred Guest status when you reach $30,000 in purchases each year5
- No annual fee on the Basic Card for the first year – a savings of $120*
Plus for an annual fee of $50 each, you can request a Supplementary Card for someone close to you. The annual interest rate is 19.99%*. Even after the introduction of the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is still a fantastic choice if you want to avoid the Reserve’s $450 annual fee, earn 2x on all travel & dining and earn a 50,000 point sign up bonus.
Even after the introduction of the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is still a fantastic choice if you want to avoid the Reserve’s $450 annual fee, earn 2x on all travel & dining and earn a 50,000 point sign up bonus.