The credit card offers this year have been pretty fantastic – lots of waived first year fees and bonus miles. While 30,000 miles is just slightly above average, United just upped the ante and is not only waiving the first year fee ($60), but is also throwing in an upgrade certificate, a $50 statement credit, and a $25 travel voucher. Application link. I think this is a great deal, especially since United and Continental mileage balances will combine at some point within the next year or so. Coupled with the 50,000 mile, fee waived Continental card and you are looking at enough miles for two coach tickets from North America to Hawaii.
- 30,000 miles is more than enough for a round-trip saver award ticket to anywhere in the continental United States.
- To start receive 25,000 bonus miles after your very first purchase.
Receive an additional 5,000 bonus miles by adding an authorized user to your account.
- New: Get a $50 statement credit after your very first purchase.
- Pay No Annual Fee the first year. That’s a savings of $60.
- Earn 1 mile for every $1 in purchases charged on your United Mileage Plus card.
- There is no limit to the miles you can earn.
- Receive a one-way upgrade certificate and a $25 travel certificate after your first purchase*
Disclaimer: The responses below are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.
Previous post: When Will Hyatt Announce a Promo?