This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
In August, Delta announced that it would be launching service from JFK to Iceland in June of 2011. I’ve been monitoring this route and there were only medium/high awards loaded for a long time.
I just checked and there seems to be a decent amount of low level business (100,000 miles) and coach (60,000) awards in June. The route is serviced with BusinessElite 757s and while they aren’t the fanciest of planes, they sure beat IcelandAir and Iceland Express!
So if you are thinking of planning a unique summer trip and want to use some of your Skymiles, consider Iceland. Unfortunately, if you aren’t NYC based, finding low level awards from your city to JFK may be a challenge, but it’s worth a shot.
If I didn’t just book three flights to Sweden and Denmark and a 14 day June trip to Hungary, France, Thailand, Cambodia, and Vietnam even I would think about hopping over to Iceland for a mini-vacation.
If you are a Delta flyer who is looking to bank some extra miles this card is a great addition for your wallet. While you'll earn 2 miles per dollar on Delta purchases and 1 mile per dollar on everything else, you'll also have access to other perks like priority boarding, a first bag checked free and 20% off in-flight purchases.
- Earn 30,000 bonus miles after you make $1,000 in purchases on your new Card within your first 3 months and a $50 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months.
- Earn 2 Miles per dollar spent on purchases made directly with Delta. Earn 1 mile for every dollar spent on all other eligible purchases.
- Check your first bag free on every Delta flight - that's a savings of up to $200 per round trip for a family of four.
- Settle in sooner with Priority Boarding.
- Enjoy a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $95.
- Terms and Conditions apply.
- See Rates & Fees