Social media promotions have been more and more prevalent this year and I think this trend will only continue in the future as companies find new ways to engage their customers. I’ve seen so many recently that I’ve actually created a new category, “Social Media,” so I can tag and identify these unique and timely offers and my subsequent posts.
TPG readers based in the UK may want to take advantage of this bmi promotion, where they are giving away 100 tickets via social media. You have to like them on Facebook and/or follow them on Twitter @flybmi and follow the clues. I did a Starwood Twitter promotion last summer where I actually scored two free weekend nights (which I used at the W South Beach over Thanksgiving weekend), so don’t write off social media promotions like you would regular sweepstakes. Many people don’t understand how to take advantage of social media, so use that to your advantage.
I certainly hope they implement this a whole lot better than the Hilton Facebook debacle!
Tip of the hat to TPG reader Gregory!
- Eligibility: This prize promotion (the “Promotion“) is open to participants who reside in the UK and are aged 18 or over (the “Participants“) and runs from 25th February 2011 to 23:00 hrs on 1st March 2011 inclusive
- This Promotion is not open to the employees of bmi, their immediate families or contractors or any person directly or indirectly involved in the Promotion
- 200 bmi flights are to be won. 100 flight vouchers will be hidden in central London W1, W2, W3, W5, W6, W8, SW1, SW5, SW6, SW7, N1, N5, NW1, NW8, SE1, SE10, SE11, TW3 and any valid flight voucher found will entitle each voucher winner to receive two return bmi economy class flight tickets from London Heathrow to any bmi destination (the “Prize“)
- Flights to a “bmi destination” shall mean a bmi operated flight and shall not include flights operated by any airline other than bmi (e.g. codeshare flights or flights operating under an airline code other than BD) or bmi charter flights
- All outbound and return travel of the Prize winners must be completed by 30th November 2011 and the Prize is subject to availability. Availability is reduced at peak times and holidays. Bookings must be made by the Prize winner at least 14 days in advance of the outbound travel date
- Only one entry per person
- In order to claim a Prize, the voucher winner is required to email the unique 8 digit alphanumeric code on the voucher to [email protected], along with the postal address to which the Promoter may post the details of how the Prize winner may claim the Prize. bmi will use its reasonable efforts to email the Prize winner within 5 working days of receipt of the Prize winner’s email
- When the Prize winner books their flight, both flight tickets must be booked at the same time, i.e. no splitting of the Prize is permissible. The Prize winner and the Prize winner’s companion must travel at the same time
- The Promoter will pay airport taxes and all other taxes and charges associated with the Prize, however, all transport other than the Prize (for example, to and from the arrival and destination airports) is the responsibility of the Prize winners
- The Prize winners will be responsible for supplying valid passports and visas and, where necessary, for obtaining appropriate vaccinations and inoculations. It is strongly recommended that the Prize winners take out adequate travel insurance.
- The Prizes are non-transferable, non-refundable and non-changeable
- The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into
- The Promoter reserves the right to provide alternative prizes of similar value should the specified Prizes become unavailable for any reason
- Each Prize winner is solely responsible for declaring details of any award provided under this Promotion to the relevant tax authorities and for paying any tax liability (if any) which may arise
- If any Prize winners cannot be traced after reasonable efforts have been made by the Promoter, those winners will forego the right to claim the Prizes and the Promoter will arrange for replacement winning entries to be selected
- The Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the terms of this Promotion and without notice in the unlikely event of a major catastrophe, war, earthquake or any actual, anticipated or alleged breach of any applicable law or regulation or any similar event or if circumstances arise outside of its control
- By participating in this Promotion, Prize winners grant bmi permission to use their name and likeness for advertising and future promotional purposes without additional compensation (except where prohibited). bmi will only use personal information in connection with this purpose and for the purpose of administering the Promotion
- The Promoter reserves the right to change its flight schedules without prior notice
- The Promotion is governed by English Law and the English Courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute arising in connection with it
- Entry to the Promotion confirms you have read, understood and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions
- Incomplete, illegible or fraudulent entries will be considered void
- Cash or credit alternatives for the Prizes will not be offered
- For questions about this Promotion, please email [email protected]
- The Prize is subject to the Promoter’s applicable terms and conditions including its general conditions of carriage for passengers and baggage (available at flybmi.com)
- The Promoter is British Midland Airways Limited, trading as bmi, registered number 464648, registered office: Donington Hall, Castle Donington, Derby, DE74 2SB
Disclaimer: The responses below are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.