February 12, 2011
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Yesterday I wrote about fare wars between a lot of carriers on flights to Tokyo and I’m happy to report there is still a lot of availability.
In fact, one of the most jaw dropping is Delta’s attack on American hub Miami: Miami to Tapei for $587 TOTAL roundtrip including taxes. WOW. I’ve seen JFK-MIA for more than $587 on busy holiday weekends!
At my calculations, MIA-TPE would yield over 17,000 elite miles – not bad. Too bad these trips are for February and March, which are mostly packed for me. Enjoy these fares while they last!
Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express
- Get 30,000 bonus miles after you make $1,000 in purchases on your new Card within your first 3 months.
- Additionally, get a $50 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months.
- Get 2 Miles per dollar spent on purchases made directly with Delta. Get 1 mile for every dollar spent on all other eligible purchases.
- Check your first bag free on every Delta flight - that's a savings of up to $200 per round trip for a family of four.
- Settle in sooner with Priority Boarding.
- Enjoy a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $95.
- Terms and Restrictions Apply.
- See Rates & Fees
||$0 intro annual fee for the first year, then $95