This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
In general, earning miles from car rentals is a snoozefest- a couple extra miles here and there. However, when they run good promos, I get excited- like this one from Avis and AA.
From September 1, 2010, through February 15, 2011, you can earn up to 3000 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles on qualifying rentals at participating Avis airport locations in the U.S. and Canada.
- Rent for 1-2 days and earn 1000 AAdvantage bonus miles. Rent for 3 days or more and earn 3000 AAdvantage bonus miles.
- Use coupon # MUAA022 and provide your AAdvantage number at the time of reservation or at the rental counter to receive your bonus miles. These miles are in addition to the base miles you receive every time you rent with Avis.
- This offer is in addition to your everyday savings of up to 35% when you use AWD # K817165. (not necessary to use this code- try out your corporate or AAA codes to get the best rate).
- For a limited time, earn 50,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles after making $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening*
- First checked bag is free on domestic American Airlines itineraries for you and up to four companions traveling with you on the same reservation*
- Enjoy Group 1 Boarding on American Airlines flights*
- No Foreign Transaction Fees on purchases.1
- Receive 25% savings on in-flight food and beverage purchases when you use your card on American Airlines flights*
- Double AAdvantage® miles on eligible American Airlines purchases*
- Earn 10% of your redeemed AAdvantage® miles back — up to 10,000 AAdvantage® miles each calendar year*