This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
American Express is running an interesting promotion- Take Charge of Your Travel where you get up to a $20 statement credit for purchases at select airport vendors from now until 12/31/10.
Brookstone at JFK, LGA, EWR, IAH
Dunkin Donuts at JFK, EWR, LGA
Gogo Inflight Wireless anywhere it is sold (Air Canada, Alaksa, Airtran, Frontier, United, US Airways and Virgin America).
Hudson News at JFK, LGA, EWR, CLE
So if you buy $5 at Dunkin Donuts LGA, you’ll end up with a $5 credit- so you might as well max out the bonus since this promo ends 12/31/10. Instead of being a gluttonous fool, consider comping the person behind you their drink or buy a group of servicemen and women a round of Dunkin. After all, tis the season to be giving.
Remember, this only works for charge cards (Green, Gold, Platinum and Centurion, for example) and not co-branded credit cards nor corporate or prepaid cards.
No registration necessary.
Tip of the hat to TPG reader Chris for this one!
With some great bonus categories and an annual fee that’s waived for the first year, the American Express Premier Rewards Gold Card has a lot going for it. If you don’t have PRG, now’s as good a time as any to add it to your wallet, as Amex added some great new benefits several months back.
- Receive 25,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- 3X points for flights booked directly with airlines. 2X points at US restaurants, US gas stations, and US supermarkets. 1X points on other purchases. Terms and limitations apply.
- No matter where you're traveling, when you use your Premier Rewards Gold Card there are no foreign transaction fees from American Express.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit. Up to $100 a year in baggage fees and more at one airline.
- Get a $75 hotel credit on qualifying charges, plus a room upgrade upon arrival, if available with The Hotel Collection at americanexpress.com/hc. Terms apply.
- There is a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $195.
- Terms and limitations apply.
- See Rates & Fees