This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The details are out for the first Megabonus 2011. While it isn’t as lucrative as past Megabonuses, it gives members the ability to earn a free night for every 2 stays, similar to Hyatt’s Faster Free nights. The key difference is that the free nights can only be redeemed at low-mid level properties and you can only earn up to two free nights vs unlimited with Hyatt.
Hyatt hasn’t announced anything yet, but I feel like it will be coming soon. Starwood announced their Q1 promo last week, which was met with lukewarm response from the frequent flyer community. It’s a decent promo for road warriors, but its nothing earth shattering. Hilton has yet to announce theirs, but it I wrote about what it is rumored to be here.
Registration is required. Marriott Rewards members who register for this promotion by March 31, 2011, will earn one (1) free night award at a category 1-4 hotel after every second paid stay made between February 1, 2011, and April 30, 2011, at a participating Marriott® property.
- Maximum two (2) free night awards earned with this promotion per member.
- An earned free night award can be redeemed for a future stay at participating Marriott Rewards category 1-4 properties for one (1) free night between February 1, 2011, and September 30, 2011.
- An earned free night award is good for one (1) single or double occupancy standard room only and includes the cost of the hotel room and applicable room taxes only.
- An earned free night award will be added to the member’s account within 3-5 business days after the second qualifying stay.
- Awards are not transferable and may not be given as a gift.
- This offer is not transferable.
- Nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for credit.
- A stay is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity.
- Only one room per hotel is counted toward a member’s nights or stay.
- Members electing to earn miles are not eligible for this promotion.
- Participating brands include JW Marriott®, EDITIONSM, Autograph Collection®, Renaissance® Hotels, Marriott® Hotels & Resorts, Courtyard by Marriott®, Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott®, SpringHill Suites by Marriott®, Residence Inn by Marriott®, TownePlace Suites by Marriott® and Marriott Vacation Club®.
- Stays at our exclusive luxury hotel partner, The Ritz-Carlton, count toward achievement.
- All Marriott Rewards program terms and conditions apply.
- Visit MarriottRewards.com/MegaBonus, call 888-MARRIOTT, or call your local Marriott Rewards Customer Support office for complete details.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards