This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
As a loyalty program junkie, I often think about how each program could be enhanced. While no perfect program exists in my opinion, here are my 20 wishes that, if granted, would make me a very, very happy frequent traveler. Feel free to add yours in the comments below!
In no particular order:
1) Delta changes their system-wide upgrades to be eligible on all fares, domestic and international
2) Continental stops their F buy-up program and actually focuses on providing elites domestic upgrades
3) Starwood provides confirmed suite upgrades to all Platinum guests- and to top Hyatt, they are eligible on award stays
4) American starts a status match program and comps all United 1k and Delta Diamonds to Executive Platinum
5) Virgin Atlantic joins a major alliance (preferably Skyteam as rumored)
6) Marriottchanges Megabonus to allow for unlimited free nights at any category property
7) Unitedstops Starnet blocking of Star Alliance award partners
8 ) American Express Membership Rewards adds American Airlines as a transfer partner
9) Southwest teams up with Alaska, Westjet, Virgin America/Atlantic/Australia/Blue, Emirates, Cayman Airways, Azul, Pluna, Spring, Air Busan, Air Asia, Vueling, EasyJet, Aer Arann and Iceland Air form a fourth alliance.
10) All carriers agree to get rid of fuel charge, especially on award tickets
11) Hyatt decides to run Faster Free Nights all year long as a permanent new program feature
12) Hilton decides their award levels are too high and takes each level down by 25%
13) JetBlue and Virgin Americamove away from revenue based frequent flyer programs and switch to classic award earning and redeeming
14) American Express Membership Rewards transfer ratio to Starwood changes to 1:1
15) IDine adds every Michelin starred restaurant to the program
16) Hertz upgrades 5 Star and #1 Club Gold members to Prestige Collection vehicles when available
17) Delta goes back to two normal tiers of awards
18) Singapore opened up regular Star Alliance award space for all of their planes, including the A380 suites at regular F redemption levels
19) All airlines followed American and allowed all mileage activity to count towards million-miler status
20) Air Canada rolls out an unlimited North America upgrade program for elites
Okay, so maybe I got a little bit carried away with my list, but a man can dream! Which do you think is the most outlandish? I’m torn between the Michelin starred restaurants participating in the Idine program and the hodge podge fourth alliance.
The Platinum Card® from American Express
|Intro APR||Regular APR||Annual Fee||Balance Transfer||Credit Rating|
|N/A||N/A||$450||See Terms||Excellent Credit|