This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
While United and Continental are officially on the way to become a hopefully united new United, there’s a lot to be done to implement one unified airline to the outside world. Some major changes to come:
1) Repainting planes to match one standard new United logo
2) Getting rid of continental.com
3) Merging the OnePass program into United Mileage Plus
4) And much, much more.
In the meantime, the key perks of elite status of both airlines have been streamlined. Both elites now get upgraded at the normal window for domestic upgrades, can select extra legroom/economy plus seats and have access to priority seating areas.
As a Delta flyer that saw the Northwest merger from beginning to end, I wish the Continental and United elited luck as they go through this process. People get very emotionally attached to their airline of choice, so there are bound to be growing pains as the new United brings together two passionate groups of frequent flyers.
While this premium card has one of the highest annual fees on the market, it has several valuable perks that could make it worthwhile, depending on your travel patterns. These include a $200 annual airline rebate, lounge access, free Hilton Gold status and free Starwood Preferred Guest Gold status.
- Earn 40,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $3,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- 5X points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 a year for baggage fees and more at one airline. Terms Apply.
- As a Platinum Card Member, you can enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations worldwide. Terms Apply.
- Enroll to enjoy the benefits of complimentary Hilton HHonors™ Gold Status with your Platinum Card.®
- No interest charges because you pay your balance in full each month.
- Terms and Conditions apply.
- See Rates & Fees