This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
They aren’t elite (preferred) qualifying miles, but its better than nothing! You get a 50% bonus for using any Mastercard and 100% if you use a US Airways branded Mastercard.
Book Oct 1- Dec 15 and fly Oct 1- Dec 15.
US Airways was the first airline I ever achieved elite status and I’ve long since stopped flying them, but they actually have a pretty good points program. Their routing rules are very flexible and they are a part of Star Alliance, which means you can redeem their miles on 28+ airlines, including Singapore, Thai, Swiss and Lufthansa. Additionally, they are running some really generous promotions, such as the Grand Slam, Double EQM from certain cities and 100% bonus on purchased miles.
With some great bonus categories and an annual fee that’s waived for the first year, the American Express Premier Rewards Gold Card has a lot going for it. If you don’t have PRG, now’s as good a time as any to add it to your wallet, as Amex added some great new benefits several months back.
- Receive 25,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- 3X points for flights booked directly with airlines. 2X points at US restaurants, US gas stations, and US supermarkets. 1X points on other purchases. Terms and limitations apply.
- No matter where you're traveling, when you use your Premier Rewards Gold Card there are no foreign transaction fees from American Express.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit. Up to $100 a year in baggage fees and more at one airline.
- Get a $75 hotel credit on qualifying charges, plus a room upgrade upon arrival, if available with The Hotel Collection at americanexpress.com/hc. Terms apply.
- There is a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $195.
- Terms and limitations apply.
- See Rates & Fees