This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
While Hyatt may have decided to sit out of the “free night” promotion circus this time around, it seems like Priority Club, the loyalty program for Intercontinental and Holiday Inn, has decided to fill that void.
The Sweet Dilemma promotion offers a choice of double points/ miles or a free stay for every two (like the Hyatt Faster Free Nights prior promotions).
Key things to note:
1) If you choose free nights, you don’t earn any base points (unlike Hyatt/Starwood free night promos)
2) The entire Asia Pacific region is excluded
3) You can earn a maximum of 5 nights
4) You cannot change promotions during the promotion period. So if you earn your 5 free nights, you earn nothing for any of your other stays until Dec 31, 2010.
5) You cannot use your earned free nights until December 1, 2010 and they expire May 31, 2011
Even with the restrictions, this promo may be a gold mine for some people. Just imagine- two $60 stays at an airport Candlewood suites and you can get one free night at a European Intercontinental- not bad.
I’m not a Priority Club guy, but I am tempted to score a couple free nights, especially since the redemption period is for 6 months. Decisions, decisions!